Potential installation error

All questions that are not covered on the aspEasy section and concerns on MITData company

Potential installation error

Postby Daniel on Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:33 am

Good day,

I"m actually registered on few other sites using Snitz 2000, however your installation is the first one out of the group that require the user to enter his username and password on each post.

I understand that some people can be innovative, but I personally don"t think this situation is a plus for anyone.

Could you verify your installation settings to determine what may cause this problem ?

Btw, It may have something to do with the fact that your forum is in a frameset, whereas the other ones I"m registered to, aren"t.

I would suggest you to make sure the target specification on the links used my the forum are in fact pointing to the proper frame, or none in fact, instead of pointing to "_top".

Regards.
Daniel

Postby Daniel on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:24 am

Me again,

After a second thought, it could be possible that this is related to a problem with the cookies when dealing with framesets, but before jumping on that conclusion, consulting the Snitz site would be a wise move to do first.

Best regards.
Daniel

Postby Xau on Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:09 pm

I just checked and i havent logged in for weeks
do you have a check in the save password when you log in?

Xau
Xau

Postby John on Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:06 pm

I just updated the Snitz Forum to the latest version, looks better and fix some problems. I didn't have your problem but hope this will fix it. [;)]
John

Postby Xau on Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:51 pm

John

Did you redo the left hand menu??? Might want to move forums back closer to the top... or put it under support like the rest... lost it on the bottom.. took me 15 secs to find it...

Xau
Xau

Postby John on Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:21 pm

5 seconds to change it [:D], I really like those smilies faces
John

Return to General questions