Zip.GetZipItemsCount returns 0 !

Zip.GetZipItemsCount returns 0 !

Postby Nussi on Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:43 am

Hi there,
I"m currently trying easyzip, and therefore installed it on several machines. Everything was working fine on 5 machines, but on an other one, the GetZipItemsCount simply returns 0 all the time (the one from ZIP_List.asp). I looked for all the dll, and everything seems fine.
I put debug on and that"s what it prints :
---------------------------------------
aspEasyZIP 2.34 DEBUG: DEBUGGING ON
aspEasyZIP 2.34 DEBUG: Setting FileName to c:Test.zip

Freeware aspEasyZip by John Lohmeyer 2001

aspEasyZIP 2.34 DEBUG: GetZipItemsCount [0]

Zip file not found or with empty contents
----------------------------------------
I"m talking about the example asp and zip files given with easyzip. I copied the zip file to c:Test.zip, and if I look into it, it contains 3 html files.

What"s going on here ?

Sebastian

PS : the machine is an NT 4.0 sp4 with MDAC 2.5 sp2 and IE 6.0
Nussi

Postby Nussi on Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:29 am

by the way, I moved the zip file to another directory with full control for all users, and it still did the same thing ...
Nussi

Postby Nussi on Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:14 am

After further investigation I saw that with the 'LastMessage' method that the component wrote : "Drive d: is not defined"
Where can that come from ?
Should the entire tree be put with total control or something alike ?
Nussi

Postby Nussi on Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:51 am

I resolved the problem. In fact all the nodes of the path getting to the zip file you want to read need to have Read right for web anonymous user apparently
Nussi

Postby John on Mon Apr 08, 2002 5:02 pm

There are many users reporting the D: Drive unit error, please can you tell me more about how you solve it?
Do you have a D: Drive?

John Lohmeyer
MITData.com
John

Postby Nussi on Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:33 am

in fact it's pretty simple :
The zip file was on my d drive (which obviously exists), in a directory called for example d:zip. The d drive uses NTFS.
I had total control right for anonymous web users for the zip directory,didn't have read right for the d: root dir
I've put read right for them, and now it's working pretty fine
With FAT this problem mustn't exist, I think.
I don't know if you have to put read right for all the nodes of the path to the zip file (for exemple d: ep1 ep2myzipfile.zip, read right for d, rep1, and full control for rep2 ?) but I think so, although I didn't try.
I hope this can help.
Nussi

Postby John on Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:44 pm

This is the way that has to work, when you access to a file in the IIS you only can do it with the annonymous IIS user, and this must have read access to this file. This works on NTFS as the security is quite strong on it ;-)

Let me known, do you have the IIS on the same drive or do you have it on the C:inetpub and then you read and store the zipped files on the D: drive?

John Lohmeyer
MITData.com
John

Return to Zip