PHP & Apache

PHP & Apache

Postby savvas on Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:58 am

I wrote the following code in order to use easyZIP with PHP via the com object. however it does not seem to be returning anything, apart from the browser"s "can not find server" error message. any ideas?

<html><body>
<?

$ZIPme = new COM("aspZip.EasyZIP");

$FileName="c:/test.zip";
$ZIPme-> ZipFileName = $FileName;

$ZIPme -> ArgsClear;
$ZIPme -> ArgsAdd = "*.*";

$ZIPme -> UnZip;

echo $ZIPme->SuccessCNT;
echo $ZIPme->LastMessage;

?>

</body></html>
savvas

Postby John on Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:25 am

Never tested with Apache & PHP, because I though that the COM objects was not supported on Apache. I will check again if it can be done with PHP.

Did you register the component with regsvr32?

John Lohmeyer
MITData.com
John

Postby savvas on Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:05 pm

I was under the impression that you the installation does register the dll. It seems that it creates the object but does not use it. I do not get an error message during the creation of the object which most probably means that the dll was found and the object successfully created.

savvas
savvas

Postby John on Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:14 am

The installation version of 2.33 does not register the DLL, with the 3.0 beta it will and you will have a program that will check if all is registered fine. If you download the aspEasyPDF you will find the easyREG program that is compatible with the aspEasyZIP and will help you to register it fine.

Is quite strange that it doesn't give you an error when using the object if it's not registered.

John Lohmeyer
MITData.com
John

Return to Zip