aspPDF DLL did not install in ISS or is not registered

Design your own PDF documents and generate source code to use in combination with the aspEasyPDF

aspPDF DLL did not install in ISS or is not registered

Postby adrian on Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Dear Support,

I attempted to run a simple asp file:
http://localhost/pdf_license.asp

I got the error below. I guess the setup executable did not install the aspPDF DLL or it is not registered or something else?

How does one install the DLL since the setup.exe appears to failed to install it or connect it to ISS?

----ERROR Message---
Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string
/pdf_license.asp, line 18

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Page:
GET /pdf_license.asp
adrian

Postby John on Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:01 pm

This is due because there was an older version running with IIS when installing a new one.

You may restart the machine and reinstall it again, making sure the IIS has not run any aspEasyPDF document. Or uninstalling, stoping the IIS and installing the new version.

If you need to re-register the library into the system, then open a command window and go to the directory of aspEasyPDF, then write the following:

regsvr32 easypdf.dll

Now should work fine.
John Lohmeyer
MITData, S.C.P
John

installation of DLL still fails

Postby adrian on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:16 am

No,
None of these instructions have worked. :x
I will only list the last 2 set of steps of the very, very, many steps that I have taken in the vain atempt to get this working.

1) dowloaded package and re-installed it. :)So I have:
File Name: easypdf.dll
File Version: 3.21.0.480
This version is both the 'old' version and the new 'one'?
registered (uisng EasyReg program) BUT only after stopping IIS (12th attempt today)
This step failed to work.
2) manually via the command prompt I attempted to register easypdf.dll after unrgistering via "EasyReg". (Again ISS was stopped and I also stopped the WWW publisihng service, just to be save). re-started it and no, stiil no success.

I have installed 100's of applications/development tools and deployed many others that involve multiple DLLs. Never encountered such difficulties, installing a simple application with one dll.
I am at a loss, I am sure the product works, but if I am finding it so diffcult even to install it on a single development machine, what horrors await me for the production server!

Anyone who knows how to make this DLL work in easy to understand steps I would be very greatful please let me know?
adrian

Postby John on Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:00 am

I really don't know why you are getting this invalid class, those instructions are correct and seems that you have correctly do the installation.

So this gives me some conclusions, easypdf.dll may corrupted ( by a download corruption ) or your machine as something installed that prevents aspEasyPDF to work correctly.

Please, send me a private message, to support@mitdata.net, and we will send you back the aspEasyPDF attached. ( Need to known if you are a registered user or not, if you are registered user then send me the Order ID )

Also, make a test to a different machine to exclude the problem of your machine.
John Lohmeyer
MITData, S.C.P
John

Return to VisualEasyPDF